Swizz Beatz x Ferrari Sheppard Vinyl Record
The reissued double disc vinyl record contains 12 tracks meticulously selected by Swizz Beatz. ‘Long Live Jazz’ takes you on a journey that includes iconic recordings of jazz standards, including Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery, JD Allen and Kenny Dorham, and contemporary jazz from present-day greats.
Ferrari Sheppard's fine art portrait, 'My Name is Sarah, 2021', appears on the outer jacket and album gatefold.
‣ Music Curated by : Kasseem “Swizz Beatz” Dean
‣ Art Direction by : Ferrari Sheppard
‣ Created by : 12on12
‣ “Until the Real Thing Comes Along” by JD Allen
‣ “Doubts 2” by Ibrahim Maalouf
‣ “Osmosis Part III” Performed by Paul Motian, Bill Frisell, Joe Lovano
‣ “Call Out My Name” by New Masters feat. Immanuel Wilkins
‣ “Never Let Me Go” by Houston Person
‣ “I’ve Grown Accustomed To Her Face - Live” by Wes Montgomery
‣ “In A Sentimental Mood” by Sonny Rollins feat. The Modern Jazz Quartet
‣ “Little Girl Blue” by Jeremy Pelt
‣ “Doubts” by Ibrahim Maalouf
‣ “Alone Together – Rudy Van Gelder Remaster” by Kenny Dorham
‣ “‘Round Midnight (Mono Version)” by Miles Davis
‣ “In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning” by Bill Frisell, Thomas Morgan
Swizz Beatz x Ferrari Sheppard
Jazz is the eternal union and juxtaposition of tradition and innovation, autonomy and harmony. One of the sacred musics of Black Americans, jazz's influence on both American and world culture at large continues to reverberate.
My Name is Sarah by Ferrari Sheppard is an evocative expression of this union via his distinct perspective on portraiture. A working meditation on Aunt Sarah, the first woman of Nina Simone’s “Four Women,” Simone’s lyrics provide the template for Sheppard’s figure. My Name is Sarah was selected as the cover art for the reissue of Long Live Jazz by the album’s curator, the legendary producer and owner of the Dean Collection, Kasseem “Swizz Beatz” Dean. A triumph in its ability to synthesize and concretize the more abstract elements of music and identity.
Forward by Kristina Kay Robinson Writer, Curator & Visual Artist